Twitter

Follow :
@JLoveAbd

20110613

5. Dream Life

Excessive exposure to plenty of American TV drama series during my younger days gave me a rough idea on the way of their young adults live their lives, where they don't stay with the parents, rent their own apartments, and bring home dates and fuck them. I always wanted that life.

Okay maybe I should not highlight about fucking your first-dates. Anyhow.

The reality is, the cost of living in cities in Malaysia is too high, so usually you can only afford renting your own room. Though there are plenty of studio apartments, you have to fork out more than RM1,000 per month for a furnished unit. Not the kind of bill you'd be willing to pay if you only earn RM2,500 before EPF and Socso.

Like now, I am renting in such apartment but my partner actually helps me settling half of the rental monthly. Yet, I still have to fork out so much on electricity bills because the installed stove in the kitchen is the electric one. I am now used to pay RM150 to RM200 monthly on electricity bill alone.

This is why I've always put my wish to get my own car on hold. It's been on hold for half a year already and though I pretty much need it now, I am still considering a life without my own transport.

Not the kind of the life I pictured it to be when I was studying. So kids, it's rare that you're going to live the life you wanted when you have to pick things up on your own without the family money (which I don't have because I come from a relatively poor family), or without husband's money (or husband's family money, whichever applies, and again, which I don't have because I am not married).

So now you know why I usually settle with older guys. Oh, bite me!

3 comments:

Hanis Manis said... Best Blogger Tips

i really wish to have my own apartment. the one in Bangsar ke. with swimming pool and gym house. and plus, i would want to share it with my girlriends. go lepak breakfast every morning and tengok desperate housewives together or how i met your mother.


but yeah, that will only be in my little bubble. dream on hanis.

J. Abdullah said... Best Blogger Tips

@Hanis Manis
Oh come on! Why is it a bubble dream? You have a long, long way to go. Take an exit from the highway and get that apartment girl! If not now, further down the road perhaps?

There's always ways.

Elena Reeney said... Best Blogger Tips

oh, we are in the same page on this.